AP are currently recruiting for an EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGIST to work in Waltham Forest.
To deliver an effective educational psychology service to schools and the Local Authority by providing advice and guidance on assessment and interventions for vulnerable pupils including those with a special educational need.
1. To provide psychological advice concerning pupils undergoing statutory assessment, within the time scales laid down by the SEND Code of Practice.
2. To provide an Educational Psychology Service to schools, according to according to a Service Level Agreement.
3. To offer advice and practical strategies to schools on issues relating to individuals or groups of pupils, and to take part in, or lead, training courses as required.
4. To provide an Educational Psychology Service to children and young people and their families, working in partnership with parents and carers, and taking full account of the “Voice of the Child” and a person centered approach.
5. To work as required on specific projects and working parties in accordance with the priorities set by the Waltham Forest Cooperative Council’s Borough Plan and the
Educational Psychology Service Development Plan.
6. To maintain clear records, in accordance with Service policies and procedures, of work undertaken with schools, individuals and groups and help maintain up to date information on the Service databases.
7. To contribute as required to research initiatives as part of the borough’s programme for identifying and meeting the educational needs of vulnerable children and young people.
8. To work closely on a multi-disciplinary basis with providers of the Special Education Needs and Disability Services within the overall management framework of the Educational Psychology Service and the Division of Education, Learning and Skills.
9. To contribute to Multi-Agency Team working as appropriate to support the safeguarding of young people and early interventions with young people and families.
10. To contribute to the marketing, promotion, and delivery of Waltham Forest Educational Psychology Service in order to enhance its innovation and responsiveness.
Area: Waltham Forest